Integrated QHSE Management System
Astraco is committed to producing the highest quality at the lowest cost» Learn More
As a company with a proven track record in civil engineering and construction, Astraco has been involved in a variety of different projects over the years.» Learn More
As a company with a proven track record in civil engineering and construction, Astraco has been involved in a variety of different projects over the years.» Projects
To maximize efficiency at every level, Astraco has successfully been audited and certified in accordance with a variety of international management standards in the areas of quality, health and safety and the environment.
The company’s internationally recognized certifications include:
- Quality Management (ISO 9001:2008) and Health and Safety Management (OHSAS 18001:2007) – certified by Bureau Veritas and accredited by UKAS and ANAB
- Environmental Management (ISO 14001:2004) - Certified and accredited by Bureau Veritas
The policy of Astraco Construction, in carrying out all its activities, is to pursue a sound Quality, Health, Safety and environmental System in order to execute quality work at all time, protect the safety & health of employees, contractors, customer and the community at large, in order to ensure that all activities are free from defect the first time where possible and to protect environment, health and safety in compliance with the Federal & Local Legalization, self-regulation concerning QHSE standards, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 and “Abu Dhabi EHSMS” with the aim to not only meet but exceed customer requirements.
Astraco Construction believe that good QHSE performance will contribute and determine the success of the business & that QHSE is a shared responsibility across Astraco Construction particularly line Managers, Supervisors & workers.
We are committed to:
- Comply with the requirements of the QHSE management system and to continually improve its effectiveness through regular self-assessment and performance measurement/targeting; modify the facilities in a manner to manage & reduce all QHSE risks to acceptable level.
- Identify hazards, assess the risk and determining controls in areas of work to prevent injuries and ill health, and continually improve in QHSE Management System & performance.
- Demonstrate and promote pollution prevention, environmental preparedness and waste minimization; by implementing proven technologies that are economically sound.
- Progressively reduce the environmental and health impacts of its operations by reducing emissions, effluents/discharges and wastes and improve efficient use of natural resources and energy.
- Ensure that all employees receive adequate and suitable training to enable them to understand and perform their role to achieve superior QHSE performance; and
- Ensure that where contractors are employed, their commitment to QHSE is of an equal standard to that set by ASTRACO Construction and to ensure the availability of these standards to all interested parties.
To this end, all personnel are responsible for understanding the QHSE impacts, hazards, and risks associated with their jobs and for following the proper procedures to minimize or eliminate those impact, hazard and risks. All employees and contractors are required to perform their duties having in mind that individual responsibilities for QHSE cannot be delegated.
© All Rights Reserved 2008
Tel : +971 26 343 433
Fax : +971 26 343 459